27 January 2011

Tacoma, Washington Meteor 26JAN2011

Anonymous wrote:
My friend and I were walking the Ruston Way waterfront in the north end of Tacoma, WA around ~8:30 PST and we both just happened to look up and we both saw a big firey ball fly across the sky and it was way too fast to be a plane and it was gone in like 3 or 4 seconds.

Renton, Washington arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: Hobart Tasmania Australia Massive Green fireball 26JAN2011" by searching for meteors seen on Jan 26 2011.
10:19:17 -- 3 minutes ago

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I saw it too! around 9:00PM last night here in the Philippines! it was so cool!

Lunar Meteorite * Hunter said...

You may have seen a meteor in the Philippines at 9:00 pm, but certainly not the same one. Congrats! Hope your wish comes true.

Lunar Meteorite * Hunter said...

BTW, please make an official report about your meteor sighting to the AMS: http://www.amsmeteors.org/fireball2/form2.php

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I also saw the firey ball shooting thru the sky last night...I'm in Pacific,WA and it was amazing it was so bright....I've never seen anything like it....and I'm so glad others saw it too.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I had a pretty big meteorite weighing about 80 pounds what do I do with that I live in Tacoma Washington

Anonymous said...

Where would I go to make sure the rock I found is a meteorite ? A testing facility near Tacoma Washington?