19 October 2011

Lisa on a sailboat in Marina La Paz, Mexico saw two meteors 18/19OCT2011

Lisa on a sailboat in Marina La Paz, Mexico saw two meteors 18/19OCT2011
On 10/18/11, I went out at 5:30 am to our cockpit where I meditate regularly. I got my meditation pillow all set up, and when I sat down and looked into the horizon, I saw a meteorite in the sky. To me, it looked like a firework display it was so low in the horizon and so bright. It was this phospherecent green, and then it turned pink and suddenly disappeared. My husband looked on the compass for me today, and he said it would have been going from SW to NE (about 230 degrees to 50 degrees).

On 10/19/11, I went out at 12:30 pm to meditate, and sitting in the same spot, I saw another metorite splash across the sky. It was in the same section of the sky, but it was perpendicular to the one I had seen the morning before (about 140 degrees to 320 degrees).
Lisa Hansen www.svmollyj.com Thank you Lisa!

Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 The Year of Meteors!