03 July 2011

Industry, PA, USA Bright Orange Meteor Fireball 1JUL2011

Industry, PA, USA Bright Orange Meteor Fireball 10:40pm EDT 1JUL2011
Industry, PA, USA Bright Orange Meteor Fireball 1JUL2011
Friday, July 1st 2011... 10:40pm Eastern Time.
Industry, PA, USA. Sitting on my back porch.
South to North in direction. It seemed to be about 2 minutes in length. To me it looked like a bright orange fireball with a white spot in the center..........................................
I wish I had gotten a picture. -Jake T.
Jake if it lasted 2 minutes you can rest assured that it was not a meteor; perhaps a typo or time recollection error? Please let me know as I do not have your contact info.  Thank you!


Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? 
please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you!
2011 Year of Meteors!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also saw the same thing and I also thought it was a meteorite at first but it just seemed to hover in the sky. I took a picture with my phone but it doesn't help, sorry. I know it wasn't a plane or a helicopter, it didn't move like either one. Can someone tell me if there is a way that I could look at a satellite picture of the sky on Friday July 1st at approximately 9:25 p.m. I am also from Pennsylvania.