13 August 2011

Holiday, Florida FIREBALL REPORT 10:40 P.M. 08/11/2011

Holiday, Florida FIREBALL REPORT 10:40 P.M. 08/11/2011
I witnessed around 10:40 PM (traveling from north to south) a bright object, possibly a meteor, falling from my home in Holiday, Florida . The object was bright white and from my vantage point the size of a star in the sky. It appeared like a fizzling out firework at first but, was much to high in the atmosphere. It moved much slower than a normal shooting star does taking about 3 seconds to move an inch in the sky. It left a large trail behind it. I watched as it went behind a cloud then back into my vision. The object began to fade a bit and then continued to fall out of my field of sight due to many trees in my neighborhood. -Kathleen
Kathleen, Thank you for your kind report!

Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you!
2011 The Year of Meteors!