30 August 2016

Ontario, Canada Fireball Meteor 29AUG2016

Kanata, Ontario, Canada Fireball Meteor 2255 Eastern 29AUG2016

File Meteor Report "click here"
View Worldwide Meteor Reports "click here"


Initial Sighting Reports-
  August 29th, 10:55pm. While traveling on Hazeldean Road between Bells Corners and Eagleson Road in Kanata, Ontario, Canada.
  I glanced to the South and was shocked to see a huge lime colored ball of light shooting toward earth, perhaps at a 25 degree angle, traveling from East to West. As it came closer to earth, it quickly vanished. It was over within a few seconds I imagine. Frankly, I always thought these things were the color of stars. Learn something new every day. Thank you, Susan

I am quite sure we may have seen the exact same meteor! I was looking out my window last night from Grimsby, Ontario. I have a wonderful elevated view of the lake from this window and for only a second or so saw a bright bluish light streak across the sky, but only for a second. I saw lights from a nearby plane in the area (probably going into Toronto), but I was also thinking it could have been flares from another search and rescue on the lake. But there were no other lights and no glowing from a flare. To me it seemed to be traveling south to north, but I could be wrong because it was so brief, but definitely was in my northern sky.
Glad to read I was not seeing things!- Slick Demetrius 

Please Note- This website is still suffering serious technical difficulties and may continue to for some time. I am sorry, but I do not have the funding to go out and buy a new computer and fixing the old computer has NOT yet happened in over a month of trying.  If someone is willing to donate original liscensed CD of  English OS WIN 7 or funds please email me; thank you.  LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com

If you have airline air miles that you do not plan to use I am also requesting readers to consider donating miles for my volunteer school outreach program in Taiwan and elsewhere.  Thank you readers!

2016 The THIRD Year of "CERTAIN Uncertainty" ™ / Meteors, Asteroids, Comets, and MORE!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I am quite sure we may have seen the exact same meteor! I was looking out my window last night from Grimsby Ontario. I have a wonderful elevated view of the lake from this window and for only a second or so saw a bright bluish light streak across the sky, but only for a second. I saw lights from a nearby plane in the area (probably going into Toronto), but I was also thinking it could have been flares from another search and rescue on the lake. But there were no other lights and no glowing from a flare. To me it seemed to be traveling south to north, but I could be wrong because it was so brief, but definitely was in my northern sky.
Glad to read I was not seeing things!

Unknown said...

I was in Aylmer, QC (across the river from Kanata) and saw it with the clearest view I could have hoped for. I was walking downhill, overlooking the Ottawa River (facing Kanata) and saw a bright green meteor enter the atmosphere, at a slight angle. I could not have missed it if I'd tried!
It burned up entirely around 1.9-2.2 seconds after initial illumination. From my vantage point, it seemed very close to the ground at the time it burned out - perhaps as close as 500m.
I certainly hope someone has video of this somewhere, as this was the 2nd coolest meteor event I've ever seen, and the first I've seen to burn so brightly tinted in green.

Unknown said...

I'm on the bluffs in Toronto and it was definitely east of me. It was blueish green and seemed to travel in a northeast direction... very bright!! Rich.

Q said...

Me, my girlfriend, and my friend also saw this meteor. I only caught the last few moments of it but it was an aqua bright blue color before it disappeared. It seemed pretty close to earth and we we're all shaken by what we had just seen. None of us have ever seen anything like that!

Unknown said...

I seen it I was in Oshawa Ontario it was the biggest one I've ever seen with my eyes and light blue as it fell from the sky. It lit up the sidewalks and trees , it was heading east as it fell .

Unknown said...

Yea im in Oshawa I seen it , by far the biggest thing that fell out of the sky I've ever seen with my own eyes , it was heading east as it broke down at first it was giant then it started,to break smaller.

Unknown said...

I saw it too - from downtown ottawa, crossing the somerset/preston bridge heading west just before 11pm. It was in the southern sky for only a brief moment with a bright tail that looked a light aqua colour. So glad i found this forum - i thought i might have imagined it

SoAzure said...

I am quite certain I saw the same thing last night, as well! Around the exact same time in Mississauga I saw a bright bluish green light traveling very quickly towards the east. I've never seen anything like that before. It was amazing!

Unknown said...

My daughter saw this. She ran into my room. Very scared. Said a big blue fireball fell from the sky. We are in st. Catharines I believe she was looking east

Bellatora Inspiration said...

Alliston ontario driving the backroads saw the meteor with its tail so magnificent! And the way it dismantled! Then we saw a few shooting stars right after. :)

Unknown said...

My friends and I were walking to our car as we just got out of the Black Sabbath concert (The End tour!) and along with about a dozen other people, we witnessed this same green-ish meteor/fireball RIGHT ABOVE our heads! It was unbelievable close.. so much so that we thought it could have hit the apartment building right on the waterfront. It literally came in fast, flaming a burning green aura, with a long white tail, right over the Toronto airport at the Princess Gates!! We all just looked at eachother and said "did you just see that too?!" What an incredible moment that will last with me and my friends a lifetime! ~ Spooky Steph, Haunted Hamilton

Unknown said...

I was outside in the night of Aug 29, 2016 taking milkyway photo in Ottawa. There were a few clouds in the sky. So, nothing too spectacular about the milkyway until I captured what I suspect was a meteor ~10:45pm. I am so glad that I have found this blog. Now that I see everyone's report, I am sure we have all witnessed the same meteor. Here is the photo I captured. Enjoy!

Nelson.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43610547/20160829_Ottawa.jpg