08 November 2011

Rockville Centre, NY Meteor 7NOV2011

Rockville Centre, NY Meteor 9:59 EST 7NOV2011
I wasn't even looking towards the sky intentionally tonight... I was just walking my dog at about 9:59 PM EST here in Rockville Centre, NY on Long Island. There was a very bright meteor that just popped out at me.... It went so low that it descended beneath the tree line... it was still glowing.. I kept telling myself it had to have been a firework... but I know what meteors look like from my limited 6 credits of astronomy in college.  WOW. I couldn't believe it - so I found your website. It was moving from NW to SE if that helps verify or debunk what I saw. Thanks!!-Jim O'Brien

Other Sighting Reports?; thank you:
Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 The Year of Meteors!