08 November 2011

Baton Rouge, Louisiana Meteor 7NOV2011

Baton Rouge, LA Meteor 7:38 PM CST 7NOV2011
I was standing outside looking up at the sky near Baton Rouge, LA on (Nov. 7th 2011). It was 7:38pm Central time. I live in the country, so we see alot of shooting stars and the constellations are so easy to spot with and without the telescope. This however, was far different than our regular shooting stars. It was so large, so bright, and seemed so close it startled me. I thought it was a firework. Then realized it was definitly NOT a firework. It seemed to be "breaking apart" before the light dissappeared... meaning it when from one giant VERY white light, to a collection of white lights that seemed like one. I know very little about any of these types of things, but I do know.... It was very different from the usual shooting stars. My boyfriend thinks it was a satelite burning up. I'm guessing meteor. Any help would be great. I've been searching all day wondering if anyone saw the same thing?!?! Thanks!!- A.Mccarthy  Thank you A.!


More Reports?
Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 The Year of Meteors!