08 April 2011

Regina, Saskatchewan Meteor 7APR2011

Regina, Saskatchewan Meteor 3:15am Saskatchewan central time 7APR2011
My name is Charity Smith, and I saw a meteor break up over the sky on April 7 2011 at around 3:15am Saskatchewan central time. I was facing south and it went eastward. I'm in Regina Saskatchewan. I was delivering newspapers and I was the only soul around. I'm confused as to why it hasn't been reported in the news. -Charity


in reply to post Regina, Sask.
I seen the same meteor near wynyard at 330 am
It was 5 greenish blue fireballs and very close to us seen by Gord and Ken Silzer

Central Oregon, USA
I saw something burn from SW horizon to the NE horizon, slower than meteorites I have seen in the past, with a long tail. I live in Central Oregon, and this at about 2:15am. - Anon.


Airplane Pilot
I am a commercial pilot and at 38,000 ft I saw the same fireball in the sky over eastern Saskatchewan/Western Manitoba. It was travelling in a eastern direction and was visible for over 2 mins. Does anyone have any information on this display? 




ANYONE else see this event?  Lunarmeteoritehunter@gmail.com  Thank You!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At 2:15 am this morning mountain time I believe I saw a meteor North east of where my home is located in Central Oregon. But am finding nothing of it on any news stations in my area. I would love to know if I am correct! M. Kovach

mmkovach8247@my.bluecc.edu

Anonymous said...

Birmingham, Alabama: 06 April 2011, blue-green meteor from south to northeast lasting just over 3 seconds @ approx. 8:25 PM central time; DT

Gord silzer said...

I seen the same meteor near wynyard at 330 am
It was 5 greenish blue fireballs and very close to us seen by gord and ken silzer

Anonymous said...

I saw it too. can't find anything about it though.