24 April 2011

Georgia SC Meteor 23APR2011

Beaufort, South Carolina Meteor 1:30 am 23APR2011
April 23, 2011 at approximately 1:30 am as I took my dogs outside for a late night pee I saw what looked like a large bottle rocket streaking in a southerly direction over Beaufort SC towards Parris Island. It produced no sound and lasted for no more than 2 seconds. -Anthony F.


McIntosh County, Georgia meteor ~2:00 am 23APR2011
Guest716 (guest):April 23rd, around 2am. We were driving on 95 North in Georgia, McIntosh County area. The sky lit up, and we saw a fireball streaking across the sky. It was on fire, lighting up the area brighter than a military flare.The fireball fell on an angle heading into the trees and we lost sight of it.

Brunswick, Georgia
Karen Jones Wright: On April 23rd, 2011 at about 2:20am, I saw a meteorite streaking across the sky. I was on I95, in about Brunswick, Georgia.The fireball was going from NW to the East.It was HUGE... about the size of the moon in the night sky. I saw it for about 2 seconds before I lost sight of it beyond the trees on the highway.It was a tear drop shape with no visible smoke trail. It was a white/yellow color.Truly amazing to see!It appeared so close,it must have landed within a 1/4-1/2 mile from me!

No comments: