27 February 2011

Keswick Ontario ~2:50am EST Meteor 27FEB2011

Guest175 (guest) wrote: Feb 27 2011, aprox 2:50am, Keswick Ontario
Did anyone else see this? I've never seen anything like it in my life!


Guest175 Please tell us what you saw...


Guest667 (guest) wrote: Sunday Feb 27th @2:50am APSLEY ONT. Amazing fireball to the west, at least 6 seconds

Anonymous said...
I did see this!!!! It was amazing! On Sunday morning around 250am

7:22 AM Anonymous said...
I was with a friend and seen a ball of flame with a long trail behind it around 2:50 am in Bracebridge, Ontario.


Thought I'd let you know I was sitting at my south-facing computer desk window last night about 2:50 am when I saw an extremely bright light in the sky travelling from approx. west to east on a downward trajectory. I live in Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada. Wow! It was so bright and unexpected I rushed outside, but all was still and quiet.
Hope this informs!
Cheryl

Hi Feb 27 my friend and I were outside talking at about 3am in Bracebridge, Ontario, when I saw a ball of flame with a long wavering tail behind it race across the sky. It was pretty large, but it was cloudy so we couldn't tell how high up it was. It did look like we were seeing it through the clouds though. Is this what you saw? -Matthew J

Huntsville, Ontario
arrived from google.ca on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: 2/20/11 - 2/27/11" by searching for feb 27 meteor.
17:13:35 -- 51 minutes ago


Keswick, Ontario arrived from google.ca on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for falling meteor february 2011.
17:05:53 -- 59 minutes ago


Mississauga, Ontario arrived from google.ca on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: 2/20/11 - 2/27/11" by searching for shooting star in mississauga february 27 2011.
16:59:00 -- 1 hour 6 mins ago
Please email me your details about what you saw.  LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com
Thank you. - Tokyo

3 comments:

Dan said...

Yes, at Bracebridge. Classic fireball travelling from east of north towards the south.
It seemed like NW to SE and it was pretty quick so I can't get much more accurate on the direction thing.
I saw quite a bit of orange in the flame.

Anonymous said...

I did see this!!!! It was amazing! On Sunday morning around 250am

Anonymous said...

I was with a friend and seen a ball of flame with a long trail behind it around 2:50 am in Bracebridge, Ontario.