06 December 2010

Kansas- Oklahoma- Arkansas Meteor Report Locations 23:00 CST 3DEC2010 6DEC2010

Kansas- Oklahoma- Arkansas Meteor Report Locations 23:00 CST 3DEC2010
Click on photo to enlarge. (c) LunarMeteorite*Hunter/ Google 2010
Anyone that witnessed the meteor but has not yet reported it please take time to fill out an AMS meteor report and leave a comment here or email me at drtanuki@gmail.com  Thank you!

Kansas- Oklahoma- Arkansas 11:00pm 3DEC2010 Reports:
Mtn. View, Arkansas 11:00 p.m CST 3DEC2010
Guest305 (guest): I live near Mtn. View, Arkansas late last night about 11:00 p.m. I was loading wood in furnace and looked in the western sky and saw a huge green fireball it fell down till it dissapered behind tree line it was by far the biggest shooting star i've ever seen.

Seminole, Oklahoma - green glow falling from sky Dec. 3, 2010.

east of Yukon, Oklahoma 23:08 CST 3DEC2010
dabolay said...Friday, December 3, 2010 @ 11:08 PM My wife and I were returning home to Oklahoma City and were just east of Yukon, Oklahoma when we noticed a bolide style meteor travel from near the southwest to northeast part of the sky. The bolide emanated a bright green glow and significantly long smoky trail. The sighting lasted less than five seconds and because we were driving, we were unable to stop and photograph the incident.

Ottawa, Kansas 23:00 CST 3DEC2010
Anonymous commented,
"I was traveling south about 20 miles south of Ottawa, K.S. on Dec 3, 2010 at 11pm I seen a big green flash behing the clouds then I seen a hug white balling falling and appeared to explode and then disappear all less than ten seconds."

Stillwater, OK at 23:00 CST 3DEC2010
Guest185 (guest): Saw a green light falling from the sky from Stillwater OK at 11PM central time 12/3/10. I was driving east and saw it slightly to the south. reported on elp allsky

Edmond, Oklahoma 23:00 CST 3DEC2010
(guest): I saw a green light falling vertically around 11pm in Edmond, Oklahoma as I was driving home.I thought it was part of a flare or firework it was bright and it faded before it hit the ground. It definitely looked like it was in our atmosphere. My husband also saw the same light. He was driving north on I-35. reported on elp allsky

15 miles east of Coffeyville, KS around 11:00pm CST 3DEC2010
Lyndon Davis e-mailed elp allsky : A friend and I were sitting on the porch of a hunting cabin, far away from any light sources. I saw a very large greenish fireball fall sometime around 11:00pm (10:47pm if I recall correctly). I was in Southeastern Kansas (approximately 15 miles east of Coffeyville, KS) and the object was to the south, falling in a straight vertical line to the ground. We did not hear any noise, but it was bright enough to cast shadows for approximately 3 seconds and cause my friend (who was looking in the opposite direction) to turn around and look due to the intensity of the light.
It had an appearance somewhat like a flare. I did not see any trail or debris coming from it. It was, by far, the largest thing I have ever seen fall from the sky.

Oklahoma City, OK 11:00pm CST 3DEC2010
Kaysi e-mailed elp allsky My name is Kavysania Kinslow I am in Oklahoma City, OK. I witnessed this same thing last night at about 11:00 from across the street from the State Capitol Building, in Oklahoma City. Do you have any idea what this may have been. Would please keep me informed. Thank you for your post and time. Kaysi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

On Friday night we were at some friends house sitting in the hot tub when we saw the meteor east east of Tulsa,Oklahoma. It lit up the side of the house.

Anonymous said...

Saw it east of Tulsa.

Anonymous said...

I witnessed this event Friday evening around 11pm. I was along the Missouri-Oklahoma border near I-44. In the south sky, I saw a brilliant white streak in the sky, falling straight down. It was the largest thing I have ever seen falling from the sky. The area around the object illuminated with an intense, bright blue flash of light. The intensity of the light is what drew my attention to it. There was no apparent sound of impact, but I did hear a faint hissing sound. It was an amazing event and I am very interested to know what it was.

Anonymous said...

8:50 AM CST, stopped at light, headed Northbound thru Topeka, witnessed bright green bolide arc accross the mid horizon headed West, NW, with considerable velocity, decent green tail. 1.5 sec at best.

Anonymous said...

I saw it north of clinton arkansas

Anonymous said...

on friday april 15, 2011 saw a meteorite fall at approximately 330 am moving north to south had a very long tail before it burned out it lasted about 15 seconds yellow greenish in color over memorial street as i was traveling on interstate 44 going east