15 November 2010

Green Meteor Fireball over Washington DC 6:30 AM EST,14NOV2010 15NOV2010

Green Fireball over Washington, DC 6:30 AM EST,14NOV2010
I saw a green fireball over Alexandria, VA, at about 6:30 AM EST today, 14 November, 2010. It travelled from east to west, high in the sky to the south of us as we stood next to the river in Alexandria. We could see it splitting up a bit, and it lasted about 5 seconds as it covered 30 degrees of the sky. We didn't really hear anything. I haven't seen any news of this yet, but with Reagan Int'l Airport and Boling AF Base in clear view of it, I am sure many saw it. - JOHN SCOTT (contact info)

Anyone with video, photos, news postings or eye witness reports of this event please contact me. drtanuki@gmail.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the green fireball from Del Ray, Alexandria. I was facing south and the meteor traveled east to west. I saw it for about 3 seconds before the view was obscured by a tree. I didn't see a trail or any breakup and did not hear anything.

It was truly spectacular and I am surprised that it has not been more widely reported. This is the first posting that I have seen. Glad to know others saw it.

Anonymous said...

February 13, 2011 6:30am EST. Seen in eastern sky from Tuftonboro, NH. Bright green meteor traveling horizontally (north to south), then exploding.